Empire Limousines understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.empire-limos.co.uk and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by Empire Limousines
Registered address: 87 HOWARD DRIVE, LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY, HERTS SG6 2BX
Main trading address: 87 HOWARD DRIVE, LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY, HERTS SG6 2BX
VAT number: N/A.
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0800 043 7025
Postal Address: 87 HOWARD DRIVE, LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY, HERTS SG6 2BX
2. What Does This Policy Cover?
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
4. What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 11 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 12 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
- For more information about ouruse of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 12.
- Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Data Do You Collect?
Depending upon your use of Our Site, we may collect some or all the following personal [and non-personal] data:
- [Date of birth;]
- [Email address;]
- [Telephone number;]
- [Business name;]
- [Job title;]
- [Payment information;]
- [Information about your preferences and interests;]
- [IP address];
- [Web browser type and version;]
- [Operating system;]
- [A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for one of the following purposes:
- Supplying our products AND/OR services to you. Your personal details are required for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products AND/OR services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email AND/OR post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting us Tel: 0800 043 7025
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email AND/OR telephone AND/OR post with information, news, and offers on our products AND/OR service. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Currently we do not use the automated systems for carrying out certain kinds of decision-making AND/OR profiling. If at any point you wish to query any action that we take on the basis of this or wish to request further ‘human intervention, please contact us to find out more using the details in Part 12.
- The following automated decision-making method(s) may be used:
- None at present.
- The following automated profiling may take place:
- None at present.
- To be advised in the future if any changes are made
- The following automated decision-making method(s) may be used:
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- For the duration of a legal contract;
- During the period where a valid Business relationship exists.
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
11. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 12. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything we need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible. Please contact us directly for a subject access request form.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 30 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
12. How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
- Telephone number: 0800 043 7025
- Postal Address: 87 HOWARD DRIVE, LETCHWORTH GARDEN CITY, HERTS SG6 2BX
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.